I really like the trend to put in mason jars all kind of stuff, I made a cookie as a mason jar full of hearts few days ago: LOVE IN A BOTTLE, but, now I am doing the real thing!!
I think everybody will be so happy to receive a gift like this, specially MOMS!! it is so easy to do and looks really cute!!
For this cookies you will need:
* Foolproof cookie recipe
* 2 in heart cookie cutter
* Royal Icing
* Americolor gel in Electric pink and Fuchsia
* Mason Jar
* Ribbon and a silk flower
If you do not have time to make your own cookie dough, you can make the cookie with a store bought sugar cookie dough, Pillsbury is a good one.
The next recipe is so delicious and easy to do.
ORANGE VANILLA COOKIES
This recipe is to make from 90-100, 2 in cookies
1 3/4 bars of butter at room temperature
1 cup sugar
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 Oranges (zest)
2 tsp (or more) vanilla extract
* Electric Mixer
* Hoops for roller quarter inches wide
* Wooden roller
* Cutters different figures
* Baking Trays
* Wax paper
* Cooling Rack
Pre-heat the oven at 350 F, and have 2-3 baking sheets ready. ( I normally do not lined the baking sheets, but you can lined them with parchment paper)
1) Sift flour with baking powder and salt, set aside.
2) In a large bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter at a low speed for 2 minutes and slowly add the sugar increasing the speed at medium speed for 3-4 minutes.
3) Add the egg and beat until incorporated into the mixture.
4) Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
5) Put the vanilla and mix some more.
6) Add the zest of two oranges and continue beating.
7) Lower the mixer speed and slowly add the flour until all the flour is incorporated and the dough begins to take off from the sides of the bowl and forms a ball.
8) Refrigerate the dough for 20 or 30 minutes.
9) Roll out the dough on a previously floured surface with a roller to an even 1/4 in thickness.
10) Using a 2 in heart cookie cutter, cut about 24 hearts for one jar.
11) Bake for 10-13 minutes at 350 F until the edges of the cookies look golden and they are still soft to the touch in the center, remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
4 cups powder sugar ( sifted)
2 tbsp of meringue powder
1/4 cup + 1 tsp water
2-3 drops of marshmallow extract
1) Sifted the powder sugar on your mixing bowl.
2) Mix the meringue powder and water until well combine, be sure that all the meringue powder is dissolve.
3) Start your mixer and pour half of the mix you prepared in #2; if it starts making like big balls, you need to add more of the mix. When it starts getting softer, mix for 3-5 minuted, until the mix is soft and glossy.
4) Add the drops of the marshmallow extracts and mix some more.
The consistency you will need is similar to sour cream, for this cookies you will not make an outline on the cookies, so you don't need a runny icing.
5) Divide your icing in two containers and tint them in two shades of pink, I used Americolor in Electric Pink and Fuchsia.
6) Add the icing to the hearts and let them dry.
Now you have your hearts, that are made with real love off course, now you can fill out your mason jar, add some decorations and VOILA!!!
YOUR LOVE IS NOW IN A BOTTLE, and I think your mom, grandma, EVERYBODY will be so happy to receive a gift like this any time, don't you think?